Friday, March 11, 2016

Distraction...but a worthwhile one

Bad news and good news.

I'll give you the bad news first because...well, that's what I prefer. I like to finish strong, and on a positive note.

The bad news:
I had a bit of a hiatus from work on book three. For a few weeks, I had my mind focused elsewhere. My imagination was fixed on a time long ago, and a galaxy far, far away.

Thanks to a lovely friend, I got an opportunity for which I'll forever be grateful. I got a chance to work with a franchise that's been inspiring me my whole life. Yep, I'm talking about Star Wars. Believe it or not, I got a chance to adapt Episode VII into a personalized children's book.

This great company called Ortega Publishing makes these personalized books, and they got into a bit of a bind and needed a writer who knew Star Wars to adapt The Force Awakens in a hurry. I had to work quickly, the full manuscript in just a couple of days, but I felt like a kid on Christmas morning the whole time. Bouncing manuscripts back and forth with Lucasfilm was a dream come true.



The good news:
You can order a personalized copy for the kids in your life very soon. Just follow the link above. You can order regular size, large, or large hardback, and put a kid you love right into the story.

Also, I'm working on Children of Destiny again, and I'll be sure to keep you updated.

Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment